Friday, June 23, 2006


Thom York - The Eraser
Maybe his name will not be known for some of you, but if I tell you Radiohead ? Better huh ? Thom York is the main singer / songwriter of the band. So now, he's releasing a solo album ! He works on this since some years now & will release it next July :) The main thing about this album is that it's not really Radiohead...
Of course the voice of Thom reminds you A LOT the band's sound, but it's more electroloungyslowdown&relax songs... It more like a mix of : Radiohead/Sigur Ros/The Postal Service... Of course, I can hear you now... "SEEMS GREAT !" But, the thing is that it's not that awesome as it could be. I mean, only 9 tracks, and of cool the songs are great but, I don't know, there's missing something ! For example, I've got an idea for you Thom, this album remixed by Goldfrapp with their awesome & genuis sounds !! That will be a real jewel ! But no... I know, sometimes it can be great to go away in another world with music... & forget everything... This album is great for this ! Of course. Surely, the greatest song to do it is the last one : "Cymbal Rush".
Anyway, I choosed (only) 3 tracks (because of the small tracklist) that I really love. Have a nice journey !

Tracklist : (+3 songs to download)
01. The Eraser
02. Analyse
03. The Clock
04. Black Swan
05. Skip Divided
06. Atoms For Peace
07. And It Rained All Night
08. Harrowdown Hill
09. Cymbal Rush